If you’re looking for your next career move you should be aware of how to maximize your brand to make the best impression.
This is particularly true when applying for your next role via an external recruiter. Here are some useful tips:
- Once you have committed to the interview process – see it through. You might just be surprised that your initial reservations about the role in question are ill-founded.
- If you have been referred through to meet the prospective employer – see it through. You will then have the best information upon which to base your decision.
- Don’t put yourself in a position where the recruiter after confirming client meeting details with you is told you’re withdrawing – be on the front foot and advise the recruiter in a timely manner.
- Be aware the recruiter you treat with little respect may just be recruiting your ideal job in the future.
Of course, not all recruiters treat their candidates with the respect they deserve – It will be a different experience when engaging with one of our Consultants and here’s how: Options Consulting Group – Guiding Principle #4
We empathise with candidates:
- We’re aware applying for a new role can be a stressful experience
- We aim to be on time and organised for interviews – face to face and Skype
- We will be fully informed about the position being recruited including – Organisation culture, management style, business strategy and career opportunity
- We will keep candidates informed in a candid and timely manner throughout the application/interview process
- We offer professional advice/support beyond the immediate job application
- We deliver on our promises