Loved, supported or abandoned?
Has this been your experience applying online for a new position advertised by a Recruiter?
- No response to initial application
- No return phone calls
- No feedback/advice from your initial interview with recruiter
- Made the shortlist, didn’t advance to next round – no valuable feedback
- Unsuccessful at next round client interview – still no valuable feedback
- Success – got the job, no more contact from the recruiter
It is unfortunate that this type of experience is considered by mostly everyone applying online for a role as the norm and not the exception – fortunately, there are Recruitment Consultants who do not behave in this manner. Options Consulting Group adheres to a set of Guiding Principles.
Paramount in our Guiding Principles is: Display Empathy to all candidates.
This means keeping you informed through every step in the recruitment process. After all, seeking a new position can be a fraught/stressful process so you want:
- to have timely information about where you stand in the process;
- Know why you have been rejected from the process;
- and how you can improve or realign their presentation; and
- How else the Recruitment Consultant can assist in your quest for a new position
It also means that we:
- Take calls and engage in discussion with candidates;
- Discuss in detail the job brief we are managing. We can do this because our team of consultants come from industry with knowledge and experience in business process and associated competencies. Also, Options Consulting Group works in partnership with our clients on an exclusive engagement basis;
- Offer alternative career, job sourcing strategies and CV/Executive Summary presentation advice in the initial interview meeting where/when that’s appropriate; and
- Retain CV/Resume details for further opportunities – we conduct a thorough database search on each/every new assignment
And here’s the best bit:
- When offered the position we assist you through the contract negotiation/employment process along with coordinating all pre-employment procedures
- When successful and appointed into your new role you automatically enjoy the support of our 12-month Candidate Care Program. We’re routinely in contact with you and your job stakeholders to ensure you’re inducted and supported effectively so you can reach your performance potential and enjoy a successful career
Keep an eye on our Vacancies for an opportunity to experience how our Guiding Principles can assist your career.